httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <>
Subject Re: libtool (jlibtool)
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:43:42 GMT
On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 09:44:00AM +0200, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> Joe Orton wrote:
> >On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 03:35:30PM +0200, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> >The aim is to ensure that the LIBTOOL variable in the installed
> > points at the installed copy of the libtool script.
> Yes, but I see 3 problems:
> - On os2 host configure uses aplibtool, not libtool.
> - When using jlibtool the command "sh libtool" fails.
> - shlibtool (in SH_LIBTOOL) is changed into libtool.

- it breaks if not using the bundled APR, since there is no
$(installbuilddir)/libtool then either

> To solve those I would use 2 new variables INSTALL_LIBTOOL and
> INSTALL_SH_LIBTOOL and fill them in configure by something like:

`basename $LIBTOOL` is known by configure so I wouldn't do that in the
Makefile necessarily.  Is there a simpler fix for all four cases by
changing the existing sed substitution on to something

   /LIBTOOL = /s,$(top_builddir)\(srclib/apr\),$(installbuilddir),

Can you try that?  Does APR really install {sh,ap,j}libtool in
$installbuilddir already anyway? I can't see where that happens.

View raw message