httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL: Enhance mod_headers as a debug/test tool
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:29:55 GMT

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004, Nick Kew wrote:

> very easily, with the Header and (especially) RequestHeader directives.
> But that's in a fixups hook, so it's no use for any hooks running in
> Header and RequestHeader directives.  Headers marked as DEBUG will
> be set in post_read_request, so they are available to other modules.
> Without DEBUG, it will default to current (fixups) behaviour.

+1 for something like this - as I've had to manually hack things like this
in more than once to wack something like a broken Oracle/Orian SSO back in
line. However please make it general and either add it as a second
directive or have something like

	Header [ inbound | outbound ] <set|append|add>  header value
	ErrorHeader ..

where the default is outbound. If you are really going to do this - I'd
love to also have added:

	RequestHeader [ inbound | outbound ] <set|append|add>  header value

so I can muck around with the request to fool some php/java backend to
which I do not have sufficient access to hack it in there (say because it
is some broken commercial product).

Dw.