httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Wayne Frazee <wfra...@wynweb.net>
Subject Re: Invitation to HTTPD commiters in tomcat-dev
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:07:06 GMT
Please pardon me for attempting to marshall the obvious however what is
the advantage of AJP/1.x over HTTP?

Why is it worth the development time of apache volunteers?

And why is AJP so advantageous over HTTP/1.1 that we should redesign
existing modules to use it?

I do apologize but I am not really familiar with the inner workings of
tomcat as no webhost I have worked for to date has really pushed it.  I
think the answers to these questions would be useful for all of us who
are more-or-less "pure" apache users/devs...
--
Wayne S. Frazee