httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <>
Subject Re: 1.3.31 regression affecting Front Page?
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:04:23 GMT
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Joe Orton wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 09:21:07AM -0700, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
> > Don't see that anywhere.  Either eaten by spam filters or a gerbil.
> >
> > Anyway, I don't understand why this would have broken mod_dav.  If mod_dav
> > wants a keepalive connection it should determine this prior to the ap_die
> > and set conn->keepalive to 1.  Or am I missing something with respect to
> > what mod_dav is doing here?  I suppose we could add an ugly exception for
> > a PROPFIND here, but I'd like to make sure that is actually needed.
> >From my debugging: mod_dav doesn't actually get involved at all, the
> check_user_id handler from the auth module returns AUTH_REQUIRED for the
> request, and ap_set_keepalive is not called before ap_die is invoked in
> that case. r->connection->keepalive has never been changed from 0 when
> the test in question is reached - it's called later by
> ap_send_error_response, but that's too late.

Just to save me some debugging time, are you saying that on a 401 we call
ap_set_keepalive after calling ap_die or that we are not calling
ap_set_keepalive at all?  The former should never happen as far as I am
concerned, and the latter should be fine as the request simply won't be a
keepalive request and nothing should expect it to be.

View raw message