httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: URI lossage with ProxyPass
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2004 16:10:20 GMT
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Graham Leggett wrote:

> Nick Kew wrote:
>
> > Can anyone see why proxy_fixup should not be removed altogether?
>
> Proxy fixup seems to do the job of making sure the URL "/%41%42%43"
> matches "ProxyPass /ABC http://xxx/ABC", so I don't think it should be
> removed altogether.

I don't think that's right.  Both proxy_detect and proxy_trans happen
before proxy_fixup, and the comment in proxy_fixup refers to its
relationship with mod_rewrite.

The patched apache fails that test, but simply reinstating proxy_fixup
makes no difference to that.  Now I'm confused.

I think you're right in your other post: separate patches for separate
bugs.  And not necessarily at 4 a.m. ....

But having come this far, I want to see both fixed:-)  And a trawl of
bugzilla tells me that the URI Lossage is bug #15207 and probably others,
while bug #16812 is a trivial corollary to the cookie patch.

--
Nick Kew