httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Avery, Ken" <ken.av...@hp.com>
Subject Does anyone know how to statically link libssl.a vs libssl.so.x
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 21:04:45 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to statically link libssl.a instead of libssl.so.x.

After doing a buildconf, configure and make; then "ldd httpd" on the
final executable to look at the shared library dependencies and
libssl.so.x id there. I have tried using the -static option in the
LDFLAGS and it does not seam to make a difference, I would even be
willing to have all the libraries statically linked. I have even tried
making a libssl.la file to tell libtool to use libssl.a; though, I think
this might require making libxxx.la files for all the libraries that
libssl.so.x are dependent on?

The problem is I really do not understand libtool enough to figure this
out.

Any help would be appreciated,
Ken