httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Proxy Cookie Support (Bug #10722)
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:25:28 GMT
Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> writes:

> Nick Kew wrote:

[...]

> > It appears just to merge Set-Cookie headers in r->err_headers_out with
> > those in r->headers_out.  The latter have just come from the backend
> > (the server proxied).  But how/why should there be (any) cookies in
> > r->err_headers_out at this point?  Presumably they'd be from the proxy
> > rather than the backend?  And why merge them into a normal 2xx response?
> >

> This is so Cookies added my the local proxy server (Apache) via
> internal custom modules do not loose those cookies when used also
> as a proxy. If a module has added Cookie information we should
> honor that and maintain it as is. Roy and I talked about
> this and both agreed that it made sense hence the patch.

But is the err_headers_out logic in proxy_http.c HEAD really ok?
It appears to put a copy of r->err_headers_out into r->headers_out,
so I'm wondering why this doesn't produce duplicates in the final
response (ie. doesn't httpd add r->err_headers_out itself, in
ap_http_header_filter)?

--
Joe Schaefer