httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: mod_ssl/input filter review needed
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 05:10:21 GMT
--On Wednesday, June 2, 2004 12:12 PM +0100 Joe Orton <jorton@redhat.com>
wrote:

> The approach I'm using is a new input filter which runs above (before)
> the HTTP input filter, and waits for an EOS, then does the SSL
> handshake.  All the data must be read from the socket before starting
> the handshake, so it reads from all the non-metadata buckets to ensure
> they're morphed if necessary.

I think a better analogy is: 'is it closer to the network?'  My impression
from reading your code is that it is further away from the network than
HTTP_IN.  Is that correct?  FWIW, that's how I'd do it: HTTP_IN runs first,
then this new one - looking for the EOS generated from HTTP_IN.

Above and before are all screwy ways to phrase it.  ;-)

> Does this approach seem sane, am I missing any input filtering issues
> here?  I'd appreciate some review; patch below is newer than that
> attached to the bug report.

If my above assertion is correct, looks fine.  -- justin