httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Apache HTTP Server 2.0.50-rc2 tarballs available for testing
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:16:06 GMT
At 01:18 PM 6/24/2004, Graham Leggett wrote:
>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>>Graham, silly question.  When it deploys as an RPM, do we also copy
>>LICENSE and NOTICE to some appropriate spot?  This tripped me in
>>the latest updates - was moving the LICENSE and not NOTICE in the
>>time since that second file was introduced.
>
>Just checked: Neither our RPM nor the Redhat one (on which our RPM was originally based)
include either LICENCE or NOTICE.

>What directories do these files get installed to normally by Apache's make install?

Heh, maybe they don't.  In the win32 installer and build system we drop them
into the target directory, alongside the bin, htdocs, modules directories.

On unix, we do toss LICENSE into $target/manual/ - but we are missing
NOTICE in the build system.  Perhaps that's the start (maybe the end)
of fixing this for your rpm?

Where in an httpd install, i'd say alongside.  When installing into the /usr/
or /usr/local/ space?  that's a good question.

Bill