httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Environment handling in mod_rewrite on a Windows platform
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:26:47 GMT
At 12:17 PM 6/21/2004, Philip Gladstone wrote:

>The fix is simple -- replace environ by 0. This signals that the calling process environment
is to be copied and then used by the new process.

If this isn't a constructed environment that solution would work fine.

>This problem is definitely present in 1.3.31. I did not check 2.0.x.

Doesn't apply to 2.0 - we correctly assemble an environment argument
within apr when requested.  The interface to apr is consistent between
win32 and unix, and the details are (correctly) handled under-the-hood in apr.

Bill