httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/experimental util_ldap.c
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:23:57 GMT
Brad Nicholes wrote:

> I was hoping to avoid the MMN bump mainly because that means we can't
> backport the changes to the 2.0 branch.  If the httpd 2.2 includes a
> caching_util module then the only reason for these stabilization patches
> is the 2.0 branch.  Also, if there are any other modules that do depend
> on util_ldap, wouldn't they be just as broken as mod_auth_ldap was and
> probably want to update anyway?  I don't know, I was hoping to get some
> other feedback from the list.

Well... the question is are there modules out there that use util_ldap
right now?

I think being experimental, the module is subject to incompatible change
anyway, and there seems to be a catch 22 situation here - the module is
currently broken, but the fix cannot be applied without an MMN bump (if
it was a fully fledged module). I think to break this catch 22
situation, it seems reasonable to apply the changes to v2.0 without an
MMN bump as the code is experimental. Any other thoughts?

Regards,
Graham