httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: PATCH: various mod_proxy issues
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2004 15:06:30 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:

> (2) Bug #29554 - URL munging
>
> I've ported Francois-Rene Rideau's patch to 2.1, subject to the
> question over proxy_fixup discussed in my last post.

Looking at this issue, I think the real solution is to

a) canonicalise all URLS (reverse and forward) for internal Apache use.
b) use the original untouched URL to pass to the backend.

I am uncomfortable with the distinction between forward and reverse
proxy - I think this patch might fix this bug for the forward case, but
not for the reverse case, which doesn't ultimately fix the problem.

> Any problems with committing this?

If it's possible to separate the patch out into two different patches -
one for each bug, it will make things easier to review.

The cookie issue has been around for a while, it would be good to see a
patch in v2.1 (and ultimately v2.0) - I don't want to see it held up by
the canonicalisation issue.

Regards,
Graham