httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: AP_ENABLE_EXCEPTION_HOOK default?!
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:10:23 GMT
André Malo wrote:
> * André Malo <nd@perlig.de> wrote:
>

>>* martin@apache.org wrote:
>>

>>>  Enable AP_ENABLE_EXCEPTION_HOOK for BS2000
>>
>>I'm not sure, if this is a good idea. The idea behind this define was to
>>make the enabling explicit, because of the security implications...
>

> Oh well, Martin noted me, that the define is set on several platforms by
> default. Why is that?

See thread "[1.3 PATCH] a different take on forensics" back in January.

The active 1.3 folks were comfortable with turning on AP_ENABLE_EXCEPTION_HOOK
for platforms where it is known to work.

However AP_ENABLE_EXCEPTION_HOOK gets turned on (ap_config.h or user build
setting), EnableExceptionHook directive must be set to On to enable it at run-time.