httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: dynamic hook ordering
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 05:01:01 GMT

Cliff Woolley wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Geoffrey Young wrote:
>

>>I wanted to ping everyone about an idea I've been throwing around for a few
>>months now.  I'd like the ability to shuffle the declared hook ordering
>>around, most likely during the post-config phase.
>

> There was some discussion about this or something at least vaguely like it
> a while back, but nobody ever got around to implementing it.

ok, here's a first pass at just a small part - achieve the hook listing by
offering an apr_table_do()-esque iterator just for hooks.

the output of httpd -o (for hOok, I guess) looks something like this:

Registered Hooks:
  Pre-MPM
    core.c (10)
  Open Logs
    prefork.c (10)
    core.c (-10)
    mod_log_config.c (10)
  Map-to-Storage
    mod_proxy.c (0)
    http_core.c (10)
    core.c (30)
etc.

where the number in parentheses is the (untranslated) APR_HOOK_* value.

this is obviously a work in progress (and perhaps ugly as well), so comments
on all aspects very, very welcome.  the next step would to make mod_info use
the new hook iterator and pull out the logic that was mostly stolen from
there.  but I'll wait for feedback on what I have so far before doing that,
as well as stuff like ap_hook_order_set() or somesuch :)

--Geoff