httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: Move apache-1.3 to Subversion
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 15:46:50 GMT

>> This is going to be a recurring problem. Geoff did the intuitive
>> thing, which turned out to be wrong. Not good.
>

> Documentation issue... IMO, Sander should have added a note to his
> conversion notice about how to checkout the trunk of the repository.

yeah, I'd agree with this - including trunk/ in the url wherever it appears
would probably solve the issue for cut-and-paste types like me, who don't
fully grok svn (or grok it just enough to be dangerous :)

as an aside, I can't recall if it has been discussed already, but just in
case it hasn't, someone ought to take a look at the features listed in

  http://httpd.apache.org/dev/anoncvs.txt

and see what needs to be done to support them (or remove them from the doc)
once the migration is offical.  my understanding is that the anonymous
access bit it taken care of automatically with svn, but a few people I've
talked to have wondered whether rsync is going away.

--Geoff