httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <san...@temme.net>
Subject Re: buildconf on CVS Snapshots
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 03:18:37 GMT

On Jun 23, 2004, at 6:17 PM, Paul Querna wrote:

> Is it possible to have buildconf be run on the server when the CVS
> Snapshots are made of httpd-2.0?
>
> This is a common practice for open source projects with their CVS
> snapshots, and removes extra dependencies on autofoo for users.

The problem with that, for us, is that the CVS server machine runs
FreeBSD and has GNU libtool installed from the ports collection. The
FreeBSD ports collection has a really old version of libtool (1.3.4),
which is broken for many platforms. An option would be to install an
autotoolset of the level that we require/like, say in /usr/local/gnu,
and prepend its bin to the PATH for roll operations. That would give us
a known autotoolset for releases/drops instead of what the RM happens
to have on their machine.

Of course I don't know that those snapshots are rolled on the CVS
box... I could be smoking crack.

S. (Hmmm... Crack...)