httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: huge memory leak in 2.0.x
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:46:58 GMT
On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 09:33:52AM -0400, Marc Heckmann wrote:
> So patched my httpd with Joe's patches and let it run overnight.
>
> So good news is that these patches seem to solve the problem for the
> test cgi mentioned in the original PR (#23567).
>
> However, as soon as someone uses the "WinGet" download accelerator to
> download Mp3 files from my CGI prog (see PR 29528), httpd memory usage
> goes through the roof (90+MB resident per child). I don't have a
> windows machine here to reproduce.  I'll try to do that later on
> today. Once again, this is with the prefork MPM on Linux.

Thanks for testing this out Marc: unfortunately these patches break
assumptions that various filters are making; applying them alone is
likely to cause lots of random module segfaults. It's yet to be decided
whether the patch is wrong or the modules are wrong...

Do you know what "WinGet" does that's special, lots of ranged GET
requests?

joe