httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Move apache-1.3 to Subversion
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 11:11:45 GMT
On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 11:24:25PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Any which way, no matter how well tested subversion is; the fact that
> various 3rd parties are willing to mirror our development repositories has
> proved invaluable, and tragic when requests for those mirrors weren't
> available (in time).  Let's get the details worked out long before we all
> agree that the official apache-1.3 or -2.0 repository sources are hosted
> in SVN.

-1 to that idea. I'm going to vote to close up CVS and make SVN the
official repository as soon as Fitz imports it into the main repo. There
is no way that we can wait for those details. Feel free to start on it
now, but I'm not going to call that a showstopper.

> No complaints with the protocol, implementation or tools.  Just a very
> realistic view of how much we need external mirrors.

I don't consider it realistic, but that's [just] me.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/