httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Drop ErrorHeader -> extend Header (was: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS)
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2004 17:21:53 GMT
* bnicholes@apache.org wrote:

>        *) mod_headers: Backport ErrorHeader directive (regression from 1.3)
>             modules/metadata/mod_headers.c: r1.44, 1.45, 1.51
>           +1: nd, trawick
>   +       0: bnicholes
>   +             ErrorHeader seems to be confusing since the defined header
>   +	     appears for both successful as well as error responses.  Maybe
>   +	     the directive should be renamed or a "persist" option added
>   +	     to the Header directive that allows a standard header definition
>   +	     to appear for all response types.

Well. Alternative suggestion:
Instead of the ErrorHeader directive we use the attributes "onsuccess" and
"always" for Header (starting with 2.0), like:

# was ErrorHeader:
Header always set name value

# was Header:
# (onsuccess attribute is optional and default, so there's no compat issue)
Header onsuccess set name value

A patch against 2.1 is attached. What do you think?

nd
--
Already I've seen people (really!) write web URLs in the form:
http:\\some.site.somewhere