httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy.so in Apache 2.0.49
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:02:54 GMT
g g wrote:

> I am trying to install Apache 2.0.49 on AIX 5.2 with proxy module enabled. I am build
the source code using following options:

> 1)configure --prefix=<Location> --enable-so --enable-proxy
>
> 2)make
>
> 3)make install
>
> After the installation is complete, if we try to look for proxy module i.e. mod_proxy.so
under modules folder of pache 2049 installation, we can't see the module. There are no .so
files under modules directory. I also tried to look for the module library under whole apache
installation. I couldn't find the proxy module library.

> Is there a separate way of installing proxy enabled apache 2.0.49?

You aren't building the modules as DSOs, but are simply enabling
DSO support via the above. So the modules are compiled in.
Check out the enable-shared option