httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: modules.apache.org sold my e-mail address to spammers
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 03:52:00 GMT
On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 20:22 -0700, Matthew Lloyd wrote:
> Dear Apache community,
>
> I submitted a module to modules.apache.org (mod_log_firstbyte) a month or
> two ago. When I filled in the form, I supplied a *unique* e-mail address
> that I have *not* used *anywere* else - apachemod@matthewlloyd.net.
>
> 1) This e-mail address is now receiving spam. There is only one way this can
> have happened. The folks who run modules.apache.org must have sold my
> address to a spammer.

I am 99% sure that did not happen.  My best guess is that a spammer is
harvesting the 'apache-modules-announce' email list.

> 2) I have never been able to log in to update my module and when asking for
> a replacement password I have never received a reply from amq@covalent.net.

I don't think the people at Covalent are actively taking care of the
Modules Website. :(

> I think you all need to be warned of this - it's a disgrace that this site
> is a subdomain of apache.org! Something needs to be done...

Yes yes, as a separate issue, It needs to be updated/redone, its on my
TODO, and I have sent out request for comments on a new design, but only
received one reply.

-Paul Querna