httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Max Bowsher" <>
Subject [Patch 29740] Small patch to fix --with-apr=/usr
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:03:26 GMT

Configuring with --with-apr=/usr usually fails. This is because:

The generated exports.c #includes all *.h files found in <apr-prefix>/include
If <apr-prefix> == /usr , then this means /usr/include/*.h !!!

On most systems, it's quite likely that some of these are C++ headers, or have
conflicting definitions, so breaking the build.

The solution is to only include apr and apr-util headers from the apr and
apr-util include directories. This is easy to do, as apr and apr-util headers
follow a consistent naming scheme.

I have placed a patch, to include only apr.h, apu.h, apr_*.h, and apu_*.h from the apr
and apr-util include directories, into the bug.

This is my first apache patch, so I'd appreciate being told if I've misunderstood any of the
patch submission procedure.

View raw message