httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Edward Rudd <ed...@omegaware.com>
Subject [Patch] IfSymbol directive (bug 29003)
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 03:59:14 GMT
I've posted 2 patches and listed several solutions to my bug # 29003.
This bug is a feature request addressing the common issue where a module
does not follow the standard naming of module source code names..
(mod_modulename.c), but instead use something else (sapi_apache2.c).

The first solution is to add an IfSymbol directive to search the symbol
names of dynamically loaded modules. (via mod_so).

The second is similar and patches IfModule to use an optional function to
hook into mod_so's internal list of dynamically loaded modules as well.

The third option is to create a STANDARD20_MODULE_STUFF_NAMED macro which
one can specify the filename to store in the module structure (instead of
__FILE__).

The last solution I saw was to create a function to register aliases that
the ap_find_linked_module function will search as well as the module
structure. (ie.. register mod_php4.c to point to sapi_apache2.c ).

Let me know your thoughts on these ideas.. and any other are welcome.
I currently have patches attached to the bug for solutions 1 through 3.

Regards,
Edward Rudd