httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joseph Dane <jd...@hawaii.edu>
Subject mod_ldap maybe feature request
Date Sat, 22 May 2004 02:19:45 GMT

since I've seen several LDAP related messages in the past few days, I
might as well unburden myself of a feature request I've had in mind.
I'm just looking for feedback as to whether or not this is a good
idea.

essentially, I'd like to be able to set a maximum lifetime for a
persitent LDAP connection.  an approximation of this would be to
record the time at which a connection was first made, and on
recycling the connection first check if that time was >N seconds ago,
and unbind/rebind if so.

I can describe the situation that caused me to ask for this, if
anyone is interested.

--

joe