httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.31 RC Tarballs available
Date Sat, 08 May 2004 02:25:48 GMT

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> Why is it bad if people download the RC version and
> test it? Frankly, I really don't mind if slashdot or anyone
> else broadcasts that we have an RC tarball available.

The problem was that they called it a release, not an RC.  I added the
header.html to that directory to try to make it clearer what people were
downloading, but I think moving the tarball was appropriate given the
chance of people trusting the slashdot info and believing this was a real
release.

Joshua.