httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: is it possible to mark buckets to be copied only when to be set-aside?
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 06:38:45 GMT
On Tue, 18 May 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:

> extra allocation happens). But just now one user has reported that it breaks
> mod_xslt filter, which sets aside the buckets sent from the modperl handler,
> and then uses them after seeing EOS.

That seems to me an unnecessarily complex and inefficient XSLT
implementation.

What XSLT needs to do with its data is to parse to a DOM.  By using
libxml2/libxslt we can use a parseChunk API, and thus feed every bucket
to the parser as soon as it reaches the filter.  No need at all to buffer
or setaside it.

We have at least one implementation that works like that (originally
mine, but now more actively developed by others as "mod_transform").
Perhaps mod_perl users might benefit from switching?

--
Nick Kew