httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: is it possible to mark buckets to be copied only when to be set-aside?
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 05:46:45 GMT
It's a bug in mod_xslt, if that module trys to set aside a transient bucket.

Bill

At 12:09 AM 5/19/2004, Stas Bekman wrote:
>We have the following situation in mod_perl 2 land: we use the same buffer to allocate
data in buckets which are passed to the filters. That bucket is created once per request.
It works perfectly fine and effective most of the time (we copy from user's program perl space
into the re-usable buffer, but no extra allocation happens). But just now one user has reported
that it breaks mod_xslt filter, which sets aside the buckets sent from the modperl handler,
and then uses them after seeing EOS. By that time the data in all but last bucket is corrupted.
Obviously the straightforward solution is to allocate a new buffer for each bucket that mod_perl
sends to the filter chain. But this is a huge waste for most users, which don't use this particular
kind of output filters that setaside buckets.

>My question is: Is it possible to mark the bucket's data as volatile or something, so
if a downstream filter wants to set them aside it will have to do the copying?