httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Vc++ Toolkit
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 17:38:48 GMT
In one word...

outch :(

I had considered the vc++ toolkit for integration into the APXS utility.
We already identified that nmake was missing, so some other make
would be required.  But 95% of folks just want to compile in yet another
module for Apache and don't care to build the whole shooting match.
This sure sounded like the perfect job for VC++ toolkit, no extra nmake
or make required.

I'm really apprehensive, I've wasted a good 100 hours in the last 10 years
chasing bugs in interop between different clib (msvcrt) flavors, release and
debug mode.  I suspect this implies we must build the release version
of Apache with VC++.NET (as native, not managed code), and we should
discuss what hardships that would create.

Thanks for the update Jeff!

Bill