httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: Request for feedback - UseCanonicalPort
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 13:07:51 GMT

On May 11, 2004, at 9:53 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> IMO, we need more control over the port number that Apache
> determines to be canonical beyond that which is provided
> by UseCanonicalName, simply because there are so
> many options and permutations which are possible
> and applicable for different environments.

Though I suspect that I've missed some discussion here - I can
thing of at least 2 cases where a UseCanonicalPort separate
from the name would be goodness. Or alternatively some
more sublte client-fall-through-filter-and-add/replace-values.

But +1 on not overloading Name further and separate into Port.

Dw