httpd-dev mailing list archives

From David Burry <dbu...@tagnet.org>
Subject Re: Reload CRL without re-starting Apache
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 22:34:27 GMT
Perhaps we could use a new module that allows efficient on-the-fly
config parameter changes without restarting any processes?  Kind of like
a config server that you connect to and issue commands that add and
remove apache directives, at least most of them if not all of them.
There have been a few times when I wished for this feature, but so far
haven't taken the time to *write* a module to do this.  I know apachectl
graceful works, but it's quite a load to do too often.  Also there is
the benefit that you always have a consistent view of what the
configuration is when you use graceful, whereas it could be easy to
become confused with on-the-fly changes, so apache administrators beware
with such a module!

Dave