httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: mod_ldap maybe feature request
Date Sun, 23 May 2004 21:26:25 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:

> This would be an interesting application of the AuthN framework stuff in
> 2.1.0.  It is much easier to setup fallback authentication stuff.
>
> Speaking of that, Is there any reason mod_auth_ldap hasn't been moved
> over to the AuthN/Z Framework?

I think partly because nobody has stepped up to the plate to do it, and
partly because I think it wants to be out of experimental first.

The authn/z framework is a big change to the code, which makes it
difficult to create patches for v2.0. It would be good to see auth_ldap
nailed down and out the door 2.0 wise before it gets the authn/z treatment.

I am in the process of testing two segfault fixes, which in theory
should nail the last of the segfault problems. Once these issues are put
to bed, I'll propose it be moved out of experimental...

Regards,
Graham