httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <bak...@web.turner.com>
Subject Re: Request for feedback - UseCanonicalPort
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 12:47:39 GMT
Brad Nicholes wrote:

>Before using known values, it should
>look for the port in the connection information (ie.
>r->connection->local_addr->port).  The current result can produce
>incorrect port information when a port value is not supplied as part of
>the URL.  According to the documentation, if UseCanonicalName is OFF it
>should construct the self-referential information from the client.  By
>skipping the port information held in the connection record, it isn't
>doing what it claims to be doing.

However, they are times when you want to say, "I don't care what port you connected to, or
what port you have in the url, I am contructing all redirects (or whatever) based on the port
of my choosing."  Isn't this what "UseCanonicalName On" does with servername?  No matter what
host header you send, no matter how you got to this server, Apache will use ServverName.
I just need to be able to have it not care about the ServerName, but use a selected port.

--
Brian Akins
Senior Systems Engineer