httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.31 RC Tarballs available
Date Sat, 08 May 2004 01:01:25 GMT
Why is it bad if people download the RC version and
test it? Frankly, I really don't mind if slashdot or anyone
else broadcasts that we have an RC tarball available.
If anything it's a good thing. We don't make any guarantees
about our code anyway, so whether or not we call it a GA
release is just a courtesy to our users. Sheesh, this just
seems like we're turning down would-be beta-testers!

Please put the tarballs back up, and please ignore the press.

-aaron