httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.31 RC Tarballs available
Date Sat, 08 May 2004 01:01:25 GMT
Why is it bad if people download the RC version and
test it? Frankly, I really don't mind if slashdot or anyone
else broadcasts that we have an RC tarball available.
If anything it's a good thing. We don't make any guarantees
about our code anyway, so whether or not we call it a GA
release is just a courtesy to our users. Sheesh, this just
seems like we're turning down would-be beta-testers!

Please put the tarballs back up, and please ignore the press.

On May 7, 2004, at 12:28 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I have made the tarballs unavailable from the below URL. People
> should contact me directly to obtain the correct URL...
> Sander Temme wrote:
>> On May 7, 2004, at 8:15 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>> Via:
>>> I'd like to announce and release the 11th.
>> Except Slashdot beat you to the punch: <>.

View raw message