httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eugene Lee <eug...@anime.net>
Subject Re: looking for mpm-perchild info
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 18:38:23 GMT
On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 12:25:06PM -0600, Binam, Jesse wrote:
:
: I apologize if this is the wrong forum. I saw in the documentation
: that the perchild mpm development has ceased. I have looked on
: apache.org for info but did not find anything. I am curious if anyone
: in here can tell me where else I might look for information on why it
: stopped, as I would like to investigate the possibility of giving it
: another go at life.

According to the docs, it looks like it became too broke to fix.

	http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/perchild.html

	This module is not functional.  Development of this module is
	not complete and is not currently active.  Do not use perchild
	unless you are a programmer willing to help fix it.

And maybe the programmers feel that a CGI/suexec combo is a good enough
replacement for the perchild MPM.  I dunno.

--
Eugene Lee
eugene at anime dot net