httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eugene Lee <>
Subject Re: looking for mpm-perchild info
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 18:38:23 GMT
On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 12:25:06PM -0600, Binam, Jesse wrote:
: I apologize if this is the wrong forum. I saw in the documentation
: that the perchild mpm development has ceased. I have looked on
: for info but did not find anything. I am curious if anyone
: in here can tell me where else I might look for information on why it
: stopped, as I would like to investigate the possibility of giving it
: another go at life.

According to the docs, it looks like it became too broke to fix.

	This module is not functional.  Development of this module is
	not complete and is not currently active.  Do not use perchild
	unless you are a programmer willing to help fix it.

And maybe the programmers feel that a CGI/suexec combo is a good enough
replacement for the perchild MPM.  I dunno.

Eugene Lee
eugene at anime dot net

View raw message