httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Sysoev ...@rambler-co.ru>
Subject Re: mod_proxy distinguish cookies?
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 12:42:06 GMT
On Mon, 3 May 2004, Neil Gunton wrote:

> Well, that truly sucks. If you pass options around in params then
> whenever someone follows a link posted by someone else, they will
> inherit that person's options. The only alternative might be to make
> pages 'No-Cache' and then set the 'AccelIgnoreNoCache' mod_accel
> directive (which I haven't tried, but I assume that's what it does)...
> so even though my server will get hit a lot more, at least it might be
> stopped by the proxy rather than hitting the mod_perl.

The "AccelIgnoreNoCache" disables a client's "Pragma: no-cache",
"Cache-Control: no-cache" and "Cache-Control: max-age=<number>" headers.

The "AccelIgnoreExpires" disables a backend's "Expires",
"Cache-Control: no-cache" and "Cache-Control: max-age=<number>" headers.

Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/