httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mathihalli, Madhusudan" <mad...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Reload CRL without re-starting Apache
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 21:01:08 GMT

Hmmn.. I didn't realize that ! I'll check it out. I was blinded by the
PID's change after a 'graceful' restart :-(.

Regarding the other aspect - do people think it's worth having a re-read
hook ?

(With my HP hat on) I've come across a lot of customers who need the
online CRL update feature. I thought of providing a OCSP interace OR a
LDAP interface (to access CRL from a LDAP database) - but then they're
concerned that it'll slow things down. Hence, I had to provide a re-read
mechanism. If we come up with a re-read hook, it'll probably help lot
many other modules also.

-Madhu