httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mathihalli, Madhusudan" <mad...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Reload CRL without re-starting Apache
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 16:18:02 GMT
I have a patch that achieves the purpose - but it's more of a hack. I'm
looking for suggestions to clean it up.

Here's the current logic :

- user invokes "apachectl updatecrl" which sends a SIGUSR2 signal to the
parent process
- parent passes a UPDATE_CHAR down the POD to the child processes
- The POD handler in the mpm invokes a optional SSL function.
- The optional SSL function re-reads the CRL file

One thing that I was thinking was to provide a new hook
(ap_hook_re-read_config or something like that) which modules can
register - this eliminates the need for MPM to be aware of any specific
processing.

I thought about having a SIGALRM handler - but it would've ended up with
something similar.

Any suggestions ?
-Madhu