httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Striker <stri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Move apache-1.3 to Subversion
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 17:36:20 GMT
On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 22:01, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 12:35:13AM +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
> >There's only one thing for us to decide; how to define the layout
> >under "httpd/" in the SVN repository.
> >
> >e.g.

[...]
> Sounds good. We should ponder a way to set up closed branches for
> security patches. Maybe they could be protected on a case-by-case basis,
> or we create a 4th top-level directory "security-patches".

security/
  branches/

That was you can do a branch of a previous release, e.g.:
  svn cp https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/tags/2.0.45 \
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/security/branches/2.0.45-p1

Then you can commit to that particular branch and even roll the
test tarball from it.  Individual patches are easily reproduced
using svn diff on the branch.

Sander