httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.31 RC Tarballs available
Date Sat, 08 May 2004 02:26:04 GMT
I believe that a strict QA process actually hurts the quality
of OSS projects like Apache. We have a gigantic pool of
talented users who would love to give us a hand by testing
our latest and greatest in every contorted way imaginable.
But we're holding out on them. We're saying that we know
better than they do. I don't think we do. Sure, we should be
testing our code, but there's absolutely no way that we can
be perfect. Closely held ivory-tower QA doesn't scale any
better at the ASF than it does at a proprietary company. But
the QA that comes out of widely distributed release-candidates
_does_ scale. Why don't we let the teeming masses have their
fill?

-aaron