httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Performance of TransmitFile on Windows Servers with 2.0.49
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:09:37 GMT
At 12:50 PM 4/12/2004, Philip Gladstone wrote:
>Bill,
>
>That patch works when the server is running on XP SP 1. It doesn't help when the server
is NT4 SP6. I suspect that the TF_WRITE_BEHIND flag is not supported on that platform.

>When the server is XP, the data rate jumps up to 11MBytes/sec on a 100Mbit network. I
would call this a success.

My only concern is that if we don't block on the actual send, the transmitted
content may be corrupted if the file being transmitted is volitile.

>p.s. Is it possible to build with VS.NET? I had to hunt down an old machine with VC6!

Of course, open up apache.dsw from VS.  It converts the dsw/dsp files to
a sln and some vcproj files.

Bill