httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Internal redirect from an output filter (Apache2.x)
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 23:31:32 GMT
Sumeet Singh wrote:

>>   I was wondering if invoking an internal-redirect from within an output filter is
legal. I need to do that from my output filter but want to make sure that it conforms to apache2.0
API before I go ahead and design/code it.

I presume this is not safe, but is tolerated by die because we will mop up all
of the resources very soon thereafter.  Note that it is only successful if the
headers had not been set up in an earlier call to pass brigade that made it
to the protocol stack.  I would look at the log results carefully and trace the
request to ensure you are satisfied with the processing.

It is certainly not recommended, that does not mean it's not possible.

Bill