httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: mod_proxy distinguish cookies?
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:09:18 GMT
Igor Sysoev wrote:

> mod_accel ( http://sysoev.ru/en/ ) allows to take cookies into account while
> caching:
>
> AccelCacheCookie  some_cookie_name another_cookie_name
>
> You can set it on per-location basis.
>
> Besides, my upcoming light-weight http and reverse proxy server nginx
> will allow to do it too.

Double check first whether this is allowed by RFC2616 - remember that
the Apache mod_proxy is very unlikely to be the only proxy in the chain,
so even if mod_proxy takes cookies into account, other caches in the
chain might not.

Also, it is unlikely that changes will be made to the v1.3 tree code, it
is more likely that such a feature might be found in the mod_cache
modules of Apache v2.0.

The original design of mod_cache allowed for the caching of different
variants of the same URL (different variants might be different
languages of the same page, etc), though I am not sure if that feature
currently works. If it does, that would be what you need.

Regards,
Graham