httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Neil Gunton <n...@nilspace.com>
Subject mod_proxy distinguish cookies?
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 16:37:50 GMT
Hi all,

I apologise in advance if this is obvious or otherwise been answered
elsewhere, but I can't seem to find any reference to it.

I am using Apache 1.3.29 with mod_perl, on Linux 2.4. I am running
mod_proxy as a caching reverse proxy front end, and mod_perl on the
backend. This works really well, but I have noticed that mod_proxy does
not seem to be able to distinguish requests as being different if the
URLs are the same, but they contain different cookies. I would like to
be able to enable more personalization on my site, which would best be
done using cookies. The problem is that when a page has an expiration
greater than 'now', then any request to the same URL will get the cache
version, even if the requests have different cookies. Currently I have
to pass options around as part of the URL in order to make the requests
look different to mod_proxy.

Am I missing something here? Or, will this be included in either future
versions of mod_proxy or the equivalent module in Apache 2.x? Any
insights greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Neil Gunton