httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: 2.0.49 : mod_ldap = util_ldap.c ?
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:36:25 GMT
P.S.  I'm still getting core dumps on the first LDAP authentication
whenever a shared LDAP cache is used with 2.0.49 and worker MPM on
Solaris and AIX.

There's a bug open on this.  So far I am still working around it by
disabling the cache sharing in my build so each process gets its own
LDAP cache (so no one can cause crashes by simply activating the cache).

There's also still a crash when the LDAP entry size is exceeded, e.g. if
you size for 2000 users you'll get a crash around user 2001 rather than
just a cache purge.

Both problems can be worked around -- unlike the bind-dn stuff that
Nicholes is fixing (which still needs to be merged back to 2.0).

--
Jess Holle