httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Gladstone <pgladst...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Performance of TransmitFile on Windows Servers with 2.0.49
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:50:43 GMT
Bill,

That patch works when the server is running on XP SP 1. It doesn't help
when the server is NT4 SP6. I suspect that the TF_WRITE_BEHIND flag is
not supported on that platform.

When the server is XP, the data rate jumps up to 11MBytes/sec on a
100Mbit network. I would call this a success.

Philip

p.s. Is it possible to build with VS.NET? I had to hunt down an old
machine with VC6!
--
Philip Gladstone                    978-ZEN-TOAD (978-936-8623)
Cisco Systems, Inc                                  Boxboro, MA