httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Sysoev ...@rambler-co.ru>
Subject Re: mod_proxy distinguish cookies?
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:48:20 GMT
On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Graham Leggett wrote:

> Igor Sysoev wrote:
>
> > mod_accel ( http://sysoev.ru/en/ ) allows to take cookies into account while
> > caching:
> >
> > AccelCacheCookie  some_cookie_name another_cookie_name
> >
> > You can set it on per-location basis.
> >
> > Besides, my upcoming light-weight http and reverse proxy server nginx
> > will allow to do it too.
>
> Double check first whether this is allowed by RFC2616 - remember that
> the Apache mod_proxy is very unlikely to be the only proxy in the chain,
> so even if mod_proxy takes cookies into account, other caches in the
> chain might not.

mod_accel is the reverse proxy only (unlike mod_proxy that can be also used
i the usual proxy mode) so I consider mod_accel+backend (or nginx+backend) as
the single entity, and I think that any RFC'es can be violated inside
this entity between a frontend and a backend.

Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/