httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mathihalli, Madhusudan" <mad...@hp.com>
Subject RE: mod_cgi and apr_setup_signal_thread
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:19:40 GMT
I'm using the worker MPM for both mod_cgi and mod_cgid.

I haven't tried prefork MPM - but I have a vague guess that the problem will not show up in
the prefork case.

-Madhu

________________________________

From: Jeff Trawick [mailto:trawick@attglobal.net]
Sent: Mon 4/12/2004 4:23 AM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: mod_cgi and apr_setup_signal_thread

 >Question: Can we enable SIGALRM without breaking any other functionality?

I would think that apr_proc_create() could be responsible for establishing a
sane signal handling environment for the new child process w.r.t. asynchronous
signals such as SIGALRM.

What MPMs are you using?  worker MPM for both tests?  prefork MPM for the
mod_cgi test and worker MPM for the mod_cgid test?