httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mathihalli, Madhusudan" <mad...@hp.com>
Subject RE: mod_cgi and apr_setup_signal_thread
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:15:02 GMT

You're partially correct. Here's whatz happening:

worker.c: child_main() invokes apr_setup_signal_thread()
signals.c: apr_setup_signal_thread()
           -> sigfillset(&sig_mask);
              remove_sync_sigs(&sig_mask);
              sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, &sig_mask, NULL)
              -> Thus disabling the delivery of async signals to the process

mod_cgi comes along, forks a child process and happily inherits the signal mask from the parent
(the only thing apr_proc_create() does is to change SIGCHLD to default behaviour).

-Madhu