httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: AP_FTYPE_PREPROCESS
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:26:26 GMT
On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 19:25, Nick Kew wrote:
> Rather than use hacks like AP_FTYPE_RESOURCE-1, would it not be
> better to introduce a new output filter type AP_FTYPE_PREPROCESS
> below RESOURCE for this kind of application?

Originally I didn't think this was good; rather that ordering of filters
should be done by the user/coder.(ie add them in the order you want
them).

After talking to niq on IRC, i realized this is contrary to how filters
already operate (why even have connection type filters then? why not
have the user apply them in the required order?)

It makes sense to add another (or even more) types of filters.  This
allows for cleaner control of the active filters in addition to making
it easier for everyone involved.

-Paul Querna