httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sami Tikka <sami.ti...@f-secure.com>
Subject Re: Win32DisableAcceptex
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 07:44:19 GMT
pe, 2004-04-16 kello 23:04, Sami Tikka kirjoitti:
> Of course, the easy way out is to just increase the number of
> threads/processes, but then the question is how many threads/processes
> are enough to handle all HTTP CONNECTs and still have plenty to spare to
> handle plain HTTP traffic. I think the dedicated handler for HTTP
> CONNECTs would make more sense. Or would it be a really bad idea?

It just occurred to me that perhaps the easiest workaround would be to
make the number of threads variable in mpm_winnt. The other mpms seem to
be able to create/destroy threads or processes as they go along. The
windows mpm uses a fixed number of threads. Why is that? Is there some
architectural limitation behind the design?

-- Sami